Tuesday 17 January 2012

Call on the name of the LORD today and every day and invite him into your life (Genesis 4:26)

Scripture:
Genesis 4:26 “..... At that time men began to call on the name of the LORD.”
Observation:
There obviously was a time when they felt no need to call on the name of the LORD. Why? Because God’s presence was still somewhat with them and even dialoguing with them though they had been removed from the garden. Until Cain committed murder he could encounter God’s presence and it was only after that God’s presence was hidden (hidden form sight and experience not gone). At some point God did not take it for granted that people in their free will and by the choices of evil they made want his presence in their lives. His presence became hidden to most but some sensed this loss and began to call upon and ask for the LORD’s presence, relationship and intervention. The LORD respected free will and could not stay around evil thinking and life styles, but obviously when they called upon him they found he was willing to come to them, hence the continued to call on the name of the LORD that his presence would be revealed and his saving grace bestowed upon their lives.
Application:
God is still waiting for may people to call upon him today and those who call find the hidden one will be revealed to those who truly call upon the name of the LORD. Those who seek will find. But he respect people free will and the choice has to be real with a full about face turn towards him and away from all that is evil and of the flesh. But all those who call upon the name of the Lord will be saved and not ashamed. I need to use my gift of free choice and intentionally call upon the name of the LORD daily, welcoming his presence, his relationship and his intervention into my life. This is a decision I have to make with complete commitment to all that God is (his full name) and not some puppet sugar daddy self-centred idol of my on making or desire. Daily I will welcome the Lord and all that he is into my life, placing my total dependence upon him and by his grace following his leadership and commands, trusting in his good character towards me and wisdom way beyond mine.
Prayer:
LORD God, in the name of Jesus Christ your son I stand. Look not upon my sin but let us together see the blood of the lamb that paid in full and redeemed me. I am adopted into your family through Jesus your son. Father I call upon your name, may it be hallowed in my heart and mind, and ask that your kingdom and government would reign in my life and in all the earth just as it is in heaven. Let your presence be revealed and always be with me, Amen

No comments: